Garage Door Opener Replacement
We offer garage door replacement services. We will remove the old opener, if you have one installed, and install a new garage door opener at your residence. We will also will haul off the existing garage door opener.
What if I do not have enough clearance above the door when it is opened?
Depending on the design of your garage door, you could have a jackshaft garage door opener installed. This style of garage door opener, mounts to the side of the garage door instead of the common overhead garage door style. The jackshaft opener also takes up less space since it is located on the side of the door. One example of the style of opener is the Liftmaster 8500 and Liftmaster 8500W.
My garage door will not close. What's wrong with it?
There are multiple reason that the door will not close. Here are the most common reasons:
- The garage door spring(s) have broken and thus the amount of force required to move the door has significantly increased. As a result, the opener will not move as picked up on this change.
- The sensors are out of alignment and need to be realigned. Misaligned sensors can happen when they are bumped accidently, when temperature significantly changes, or if the sensors become dirty or dusty.
Do you adjust garage door springs?
Unfortunately, we do not adjust springs on garage doors. Spring adjustment requires specialized training and specialized equipment. We recommend you reach out to a local garage door company for spring repairs and adjustments.
How do I test if my garage door is balanced?
- Disconnect the garage door from the opener. This can be done by pulling on the red and yellow cord that is attached to the opener.
- Raise the door so that it is half way open and let go of the door.
- If the door stays in the same position, then your door is balanced. If your door drops and immediately closes, then your door is not balance and should be immediately serviced.
Garage doors that are not balanced, should not be used as they could unexpectedly fail and cause injury to people or pets.
Are there dangers for unbalanced garage doors?
There are many dangers for having an unbalanced garage door. The most common dangers and problems for having an unbalanced garage door are:
- garage door opener may fail prematurely due to extra force required to move the door.
- garage door may injure people or pets that are entering or exiting the garage.
- door will be difficult to open manually
Do you repair inoperable garage doors?
Unfortunately we do not. We recommend that you contact a local garage door company for this repair.